Sometimes, life gets hectic. Because of this, we forget about things like estate planning. However, you can take time now to get your estate prepared in case it's needed in an untimely manner. Below, you will find tips that can help you get prepared for 2018. Our lawyer is here to help you work on estate planning for the new year. Contact us if you need help.
Estate Planning in Raleigh for 2018!
- First and foremost, if you do not already have an estate plan, please consider making this year to have one created. Our lawyers are here to help you get this situated as quickly as possible. Having an estate plan will ensure that you're able to choose someone to make decisions in case you become incapacitated. It will also give you a way to leave assets for your loved ones.
- Secondly, if you have not reviewed your estate plan in a long time, it's time to do so now. Reviewing your estate plan will keep issues from happening should you pass on without having it updated. A will that has not been updated and is not valid. If you've gotten married or had children without making these changes in your will, please consider doing so now.
- Beneficiaries are individuals who will be receiving your assets upon death. Take time to consider each beneficiary and whether or not we need to make changes here. Sometimes changes need to be made when we get married, divorced, have children or have grandchildren. Our lawyer can help with this.
- Take time to also review your insurance policies. Sometimes, changes need to be made there as well. Once you've made the changes in your insurance policies, be sure to update your estate plan with this information, as well.
- Sometimes, having a family meeting to discuss your plan is a good idea. Your children or grandchildren might not want to have the discussion but, they should know what to do in case of an illness or death.
We hope this information helps you understand how to better prepare your estate plan. Again, if you have not already started estate planning in Raleigh, please consider doing so now.
Estate planning in Raleigh is important. Be sure yours is updated and ready to use in the event of an illness or untimely death. If you haven’t appointed a guardian and need to update your estate plan, or you haven’t reviewed your documents in several years, now might be the best time to do so, now The beginning of the year is a great time to start updating or planning. Our estate planning lawyer is here to help you get your estate planning in order and ready should you pass in an untimely manner or become incapacitated at some point. It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to an estate plan. Contact us to get started estate planning, today.
In addition, our attorney is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be estate planning, divorce, child custody, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.