Welcome back. We are are to talk more about whether or not you might need an attorney in Raleigh NC to help you with estate planning. If you missed our previous blog, visit back with it, soon.
Do I Need an Attorney in Raleigh NC?
Many people have complex financial affairs because of assets such as property or businesses that are co-owned, or because of personal situations such as blended families. If one or more of the following situations applies to you, you may benefit from having an attorney in Raleigh NC to help draft your estate plan.
- You have divorced and/or remarried.
- You have children from a previous marriage.
- You have children from your current marriage.
- You don’t have any children or a spouse.
- You are in a relationship but not legally married.
- Your own real estate or a business with someone.
- You have children under the age of 18.
- You have elderly parents that you take care of financially.
- You are the guardian of a disabled family member.
- You have substantial assets in investment or retirement accounts.
- You want to leave money to a charity.
There are numerous situations that may require input from a lawyer in order to ensure that the documents you draft not only meet your needs, but also meet the requirements of state law. You do not want to create an estate plan on your own that will not do what it is supposed to do – protect your assets so that they will go to the people you name, and protect your family so that they will be provided for as you wish.
An attorney in Raleigh NC who knows about estate planning will be able to review your situation and provide the best solutions that will meet your needs and will also be legally sound. He or she may also suggest other things that you may not have considered before, such as creating a durable power of attorney or a healthcare directive to give guidance in situations where you may not be able to make decisions on your own anymore. There are many facets to an estate plan. Eldreth Law Firm can talk with you about your situation and help guide you in creating a plan that meets your needs. Contact us, today.
Need to visit back with other blogs in this series? Click on the links below!