Welcome back! Our attorney in Raleigh NC is here to talk more about why you might need a business attorney upon opening your own small business. If you missed our previous blog, visit back with it for more information.
Do I Need an Attorney in Raleigh NC?
- How do you prefer to communicate? If you like to talk on the phone, but your lawyer prefers emails, then you may end up with a communication issue down the road. Find out the best way to reach them and decide if it will work for you.
- Is my business compliant? There are federal, state and local laws for a business to follow. Failing to comply with them could result in fines or penalties. You can check with your lawyer to make sure you have not missed a regulation or law.
- What are payment options? Some lawyers may charge by the hour or day, and some may want a monthly retainer. It will depend on the scope of the work. Find out beforehand how charges will be applied. You can ask for an estimate if you need several services.
- What have I overlooked? When you were planning your business, you probably tried to cover all the bases, but there could be areas you overlooked. After reviewing your business plan or other files and documents, see there are any areas you did not plan for or did not include.
- What HR policies do I need? As a small business owner, you are probably tasked with managing human resources issues among your employees, even if you only have one or two. In order to protect your business, having documents outlining your HR policies along with the hiring and termination process can be reviewed with your lawyer.
- What records do I need to keep? It is important to have accurate records in order to manage the financial aspects of your business. Ask your attorney in Raleigh NC which documents are needed for tax purposes as well as liability. If you are ever faced with a lawsuit you will want to be prepared with the right information for your case.
Stay tuned for more information that might help you choose whether or not you need an attorney in Raleigh NC!
Are you starting a small business? Get legal support from our attorney in Raleigh NC. We can help you get your business off to a strong start by ensuring that your legal needs are met. We're committed to your success and will do everything within our power to protect your company. In addition to business, consumer and contract laws, we can also handle intellectual property matters such as trademarking and copyrighting.
Eldreth Law Firm, PLLC
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about estate planning. Also contact our attorney in Raleigh NC if you have yet to start estate planning. It's never too early to make plans for your wishes upon death. In addition, our lawyer is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be entertainment law, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.