Our wills lawyer in Cary is back to help you learn more about the probate process and how to understand terms that might be used in court or when creating an estate plan.
Terms to Know | Wills Lawyer Cary
- Devisees are those who get part of the estate when it has been documented within the will.
- Estate means the net worth of the individual that has passed on. It includes their assets, things they owned. This discloses liabilities and debts that were owed.
- Executors are those who manage the estate after the probate process, as well as distribute assets to beneficiaries.
- Intestate means a person who has died without a will.
There are many terms that can be overwhelming and confusing to understand in the legal system. That's why working with a probate lawyer in Cary NC is a great way to make sure you aren't stressed about the situation you may be in. Whether you're beginning to estate plan or have been appointed an executor of an estate, we can help. To learn more, visit with other blogs in this series below:
Here, you'll find more blogs that help you understand the probate process:
- The Probate Process
- Understanding Terms Used in the Probate Process
- Understanding Terms Used in the Probate Process, continued
- Terms Used in the Probate Process
Eldreth Law Firm PC | Wills Lawyer in Cary
If you don’t have an estate plan in place or haven’t reviewed yours in several years, now might be the best time to start. Our wills lawyer in Cary is here to help you get your estate planning in order and ready should you pass in an untimely manner or become incapacitated at some point. It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to an estate plan. Contact our office.
As always, feel free to contact us at our office to schedule a consultation with if you are looking for a lawyer to represent you in other legal matters. We are here to assist you with small business needs, trademarking, copyrighting and DWI issues.