Welcome back. Our estate lawyers in Cary NC are here to talk more about hiring a lawyer. In our last blog post, we started with a few tips. Today, we are going to continue.
Tips for Hiring Estate Lawyers in Cary NC
If you are going to working with a lawyer on something that will take a lot of time or that is personal in nature, you will want to make sure you get along well. Some lawyers are willing to chat on the phone or meet briefly before either of you commit to working together. Having a good relationship with your lawyer will help ensure that you can feel comfortable expressing your needs.
When meeting with your potential estate lawyers in Cary NC, do not be afraid to ask questions. Here are a few to consider:
- What cases like this have you handled in the past?
- How much do you know about this area of the law?
- What was the outcome?
- Will you be working on my case, or will it be a legal assistant?
- How will I be kept up-to-date on any developments?
- When are you available if I need to contact you?
- What type of communications do you prefer – phone calls or emails?
- How convenient is the location if I have to visit often?
If you are looking for a lawyer to handle your business, you may want to ask if the firm works with anyone else in your industry. This could mean that he or she is well-informed about your business, which can be an advantage. However, you may also want to see if the firm represents one of your competitors. While both your and the other company’s affairs will be confidential, you may not feel comfortable being represented by the same firm.
In the next part of tips on finding a lawyer, we will discuss how to approach fees and billing. Stay tuned.
As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have concerning legal issues. Also, contact our estate lawyers in Cary NC to schedule a consultation if you have yet to start estate planning. If you don’t have an estate plan in place or haven’t reviewed yours in several years, now might be the best time to start.
Our lawyer is here to help you get your estate planning in order and ready should you pass in an untimely manner or become incapacitated at some point. It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to an estate plan.
In addition to estate planning, our lawyer is here to help you with all your small business needs, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.
Missed other blogs in this series? Visit back with them, below:
- Tips for Hiring a Lawyer, Part One
- Tips for Hiring a Lawyer, Part Two
- Tips for Hiring a Lawyer, Part Three
- Tips for Hiring a Lawyer, Part Four