Welcome back. We are here to talk more about the probate process. Today, we are going to talk about terms that might be used during this process. In our next blog, we will have more terms as well, so stay tuned if you don't find what you're looking for here.
Terms Used in Probate | Estate Lawyer Cary NC
- Intestate succession is the term used to describe the roles that are followed when a person dies without a will. This will help family members who may be entitled to the deceased's belongings.
- Personal representatives are individuals who were appointed to manage the state of someone who's passed on when there is a will in place.
- Testate means a person has died with a will.
- Testator means the deceased person who has written a will.
We hope this information helps you understand the probate process a little better. For more questions or concerns, contact our estate lawyer in Cary NC. We can help.
Here, you'll find more blogs that help you understand the probate process:
- The Probate Process
- Understanding Terms Used in the Probate Process
- Understanding Terms Used in the Probate Process, continued
- Terms Used in the Probate Process
Estate Lawyers in Cary NC
When planning your estate, you may want to consider which assets are subject to probate and which are not so that you can make the best decisions in how you designate heirs. If you need additional help, reach out to our estate lawyer in Cary NC to ensure that you are creating the best plan for your situation.