Intellectual property, also referred to as IP law, is focused on literature, music, artwork, designs, and other intangible creations that are property of the author or creator. These things should be protected, just as a tangible item would be. Sometimes, ideas or other creations may be compromised or stolen without your consent. At that point, creators of the works may have a right to any profits made from stolen ideas. Our attorney in Raleigh NC can help you make sure your works are protected by law.
There are several forms of Intellectual property that should be protected. Over the course of the past few blogs, our attorney in Raleigh NC talked about a few of them. Today, we continue with a discussion on licensing.
- Do you have a new idea that should be considered for licensing? Sometimes, this type of IP is a better choice for ideas than opening a new business. Housing your idea through licensing may be a better option for a few different reasons.
- Licensing your idea is quicker than opening a new business.
- Licensing is legal and can give you the option to sell intellectual property to individuals and businesses.
- With licensing, you have the option to sell your idea for money. A business can legally pay you for the idea. There won’t be any legal implications from the transaction. However, it’s a good idea to talk with our lawyer before going into a deal with an individual or business. That way, you can ensure your ideas are protected properly. We can also make sure you are working in the right direction.
Sometimes, owning a business isn’t the best option for those who have ideas, inventions, or creations. If this is the case for you, contact our lawyer. We can help you with licensing for your intellectual property. Our attorney in Raleigh NC can help you decide what’s best for you and your creations.
We hope this information helps you understand licensing and how it can be considered part of IP law. For more information on the different forms of Intellectual property, visit back soon. We will have more information coming up in a future blog post. If you missed our previous blogs, click on the links below to visit these articles.
- Different Forms of IP: Copyright
- Different Forms of IP: Trademark
- Different Forms of IP: Trade Secrets
Intellectual property law ensures that a concept or creation is legally protected. If you need help with IP law and making sure your works are protected, contact our law firm today. We are more than happy to help you get the protection your work needs. We can evaluate your creations and help you better understand IP law so that you can feel confident you are making the best decisions. Call now to set up a consultation with our intellectual property attorney in Raleigh NC.
Eldreth Law Firm, PLLC | Intellectual Property Law | Attorney in Raleigh NC
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about IP law, trademarking or other legal situation. Our attorney in Raleigh NC is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be entertainment law, small business, copyrighting, or other issues.
Also contact us to schedule a consultation if you have any questions about licensing. Don't hesitate to reach out to our attorney in Raleigh NC to ensure that you are taking the right steps to ensure your works are protected by law without worry of infringement.